Which Ifor Williams Plant Trailer for sale Is Best For Your Machinery In Australia?
If you’re in Sydney NSW’s building and construction industry, you may be looking into plant trailers for sale that best suits your machinery. After all, you want to ensure your plant machinery arrives safely on-site without damaging the machinery or the trailer. Ifor Williams has been manufacturing the highest quality plant trailers for sale for over 60 years, so you know you’re investing in excellence.
East Coast Trailers team in Sydney, NSW, has developed a guide to help you best match an Ifor Williams aluminium plant trailer to your machinery in Australia.
Steel vs. Aluminium Plant Trailers
When customers are in the market for buying plant trailers in Sydney, NSW, we often hear a familiar doubt about which material would be best for their plant trailers. Aluminium or Steel remains the common question.
As usual, both the materials have their benefits depending on the type of application you are looking for plant trailers, such as towing vehicle, their weight, and the terrain you want to drive on.
When it comes to the cost of plant trailers, steel initially costs cheaper than aluminium plant trailers. Still, the associated ongoing costs from maintenance to upkeep tend to rack up a lot higher in the case of steel plant trailers.
Strength & Efficiency
One of the common misconceptions among Sydney NSW buyers is that steel plant trailers are more robust than aluminium plant trailers. Steel is among the most rigid alloy materials for trailers; however, the high-grade aluminium used by Ifor Williams has an impressive tensile strength that is on par with steel. You would find no better than Ifor Williams plant trailers for sale in Sydney NSW regarding strength-to-weight ratio.
Because of this massive difference in tensile strength in the case of aluminium plant trailers, tare weight can be decreased significantly, allowing a greater payload for towing extra attachments or larger machines.
Aerodynamics At Its Best
Aerodynamics is essential in hauling heavy machinery or vehicles. Our aluminium plant trailers for sale have enhanced aerodynamics, particularly for machine operators of Sydney, where you may need to travel over long, rugged terrains.
Another benefit of choosing our aluminium plant trailers would be fuel efficiency. You will get superior fuel mileage when you drive an aluminium plant trailer which would also be great for the environment.
Easy To Maintain
Aluminium plant trailers for sale, like other trailers, also need routine cleaning and maintenance. Typically, we use aluminium to build the trailer frame, and this is quite simple to maintain as the aluminium is not as vulnerable to rusting or corrosion as steel is.
We also have galvanised aluminium trailers that are extra rust-resistant, so if you are willing to invest more, this can be worthwhile overall.
You may have heard the misconception that aluminium plant trailers tend to crack, but if you choose East Coast Trailers as your preferred choice, you can rest assured you can forget such fears. Our galvanised trailers offer protection against cracking and take care of our trailers by not putting them under unnecessary duress to get the most extended performance out of them.
If you need maintenance and handling tips for our aluminium trailers for sale, our experienced experts would be happy to help you.
Other Things To Know
When you choose Ifor Williams aluminium trailers for sale, you get additional carrying strength, extended performance, and lighter ease of driving. The convenience of these trailers far outweighs other materials in this range in the Sydney NSW market.
Micro-Excavators and other small machinery:
If you don’t need an over-the-top enormous plant trailer for sale because your machinery is relatively small, the Ifor Williams GH64 may be perfect for you. The bed on this trailer is 1.88m x 1.23m and can hold around 1230kg. The GH64 plant trailer comes with two ramp options, and like all our trailers from the GH range, it has a galvanised welded construction and leaf spring suspension.
Our Mini Excavator Trailers
Our range of The GH Plant series is the perfect selection of micro excavator trailers(also known as mini digger trailers) if you do not have heavy expectations and requirements from your future trailer. All models in this range are made from galvanised welded materials. A leaf spring suspension supports the structure, and the combo makes these trailers durable in harsh conditions. If you want a mini digger trailer that’s not too heavy, check out this range!
Four different models are in this range: GH64, GH94, GH94BT, and GH1054. All of these are quality excavator trailers, but you can make your decision based on the features they have and what you need.
Here Is Why Our GH Models Are The Best Excavator Trailers For Sale
- The GH64 models are among the best excavator trailers for sale we have. This model is compact with a 1230kg payload, can be towed by a car, and is designed for smaller items.
- When it comes to the GH94, we have two versions of this excavator trailer, a beaver-tailed version with 165R13C tires (GH94BT) and a flatbed version with 195/55R10C tires.
- The GH1054 has one of the highest payloads of any Ifor Williams Trailer. It has a robust structure with welded construction and is very rigid and durable.
Our range of GH plant trailers has a lot for you. You can go through each model’s detailed descriptions to see what’s the perfect fit for you. We have only the most premium plant trailers for sale that we bring in from Ifrom Williams, one of the biggest trailer manufacturers in the world. All these plant machinery trailers are certified and capable enough to carry your trailers easily.
Hi-Tip Dumpers and Larger Excavators
- The GH94 plant trailer or the GH94BT plant trailer for sale are ideal for machinery with a central centre of gravity, like hi-tip dumpers. They’re also ideally suited to larger-sized excavators or diggers. This plant trailer has a Beavertail feature, meaning an angle of 13 degrees is maintained during loading.
- The GH1054 is another great Ifor Williams plant trailer for sale to transport tracked excavators. With a payload of 2165kg and heavily treaded tyres, this trailer is designed for more challenging terrain.
- For heavier machinery, the Ifor Williams GX126 plant trailer has a gross weight of 3500kg and is constructed from pre-galvanised steel.
The GH94 & GH94BT are perfectly equipped to handle rollers with their 24mm thick platform, as is the GH1054. The best part about the GH range of plant trailers is their customisable ramp options. Depending on your machinery’s tyre treads or weight, you can choose alterna, canen full width, bevelled, and sliding skid ramps.
Loaders Or Plant Machinery trailers
Loaders or huge plant machinery will likely require a plant trailer from the GP range. Here is why Our GP range is a perfect plant machinery trailer.
- The Ifor Williams GP trailer range is considered the toughest plant trailers in the Sydney NSW industry.
- They are highly customisable depending on your needs, with three tyre options and the option for tri-axle versions of each model.
- The largest trailer, the GP146, has a gross weight of 3500kg, meaning there’s extraordinarily little it can’t carry.
- Each plant trailer for sale in the Ifor Williams GP range is fitted with resin-coated plywood platforms.
Check Out Our GP 146 with Tri Axle
We always have a set of new Ifor Williams trailers for sale with us, and the GP 146 is one of our very specials. If you’re looking for a tri-axle plant trailer, this is our best offer.
- The GP146 has an overall length of 6.47’ and a width of 2.3 meters.
- This tri-axle plant trailer is built to handle tough jobs and can transport machinery weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.
- Like other tri-axle plant trailers, the GP146 is built to last long.
Eco Plant Trailers For Easy Loading And Towing
The Eco Plant Trailers, despite their compact size, can lift small yet heavy equipment. With the inclusion of a beavertail featuring a low loading angle, the process of loading and unloading machinery becomes effortless. As a result, the eco plant trailer proves to be a robust and adaptable vehicle, providing both strength and versatility.
Why East Coast Trailers and Why Ifor Williams?
Ifor Williams has been supplying premium-quality trailers for over 60 years. East Coast Trailers have been helping people find the perfect Ifor Williams plant trailers for years, and we’re enthusiastic about providing Australian customers with options, reliability, and superior service. If you’re interested in our range of plant trailers for sale in Sydney, contact us today.