Which Ifor Williams Plant Trailer Is Best For Your Machinery?
If you’re in the building and construction industry, you may be looking into plant trailers that best suits your machinery. After all, you want to ensure your plant machinery arrives safely on-site without any damage to the machinery or the trailer. East Coast Trailers have been a proud Australian supplier of Ifor Williams trailers for years. Ifor Williams have been manufacturing the highest quality trailers for over 60 years, so when you choose Ifor Williams, you know you’re investing in excellence.
The team at East Coast Trailers have developed a guide to help you best match an Ifor Williams plant trailer to your machinery.
Micro-Excavators and other small machinery
If you don’t need an over-the-top enormous plant trailer because your machinery is relatively small in size, the Ifor Williams GH64 may just be perfect for you. The bed on this trailer is 1.88m x 1.23m and can hold around 1230kg. The GH64 comes with two ramp options, and like all our trailers from the GH range, it has a galvanised welded construction and leaf spring suspension.
Hi-Tip Dumpers and Larger Excavators
- The GH94 plant trailer or the GH94BT plant trailer are ideal for machinery with a central centre of gravity, like hi-tip dumpers. They’re also perfectly suited to larger-sized excavators. This plant trailer has a Beavertail feature, meaning an angle of 13 degrees is maintained during loading.
- The GH1054 is another great Ifor Williams plant trailer for transporting tracked excavators. With a payload of 2165kg and heavily treaded tyres, this trailer is designed for tougher terrain.
- For heavier pieces of machinery, the Ifor Williams GX126 has a gross weight of 3500kg constructed from pre-galvanised steel.
The GH94 & GH94BT are perfectly equipped to handle rollers with their 24mm thick platform, as is the GH1054. The best part about the GH range of plant trailers is their customisable ramp options. You can alternate between full width, bevelled, and sliding skid ramps depending on your machinery’s tyre treads or weight.
Loaders or particularly large plant machinery will more than likely require a plant trailer from the GP range.
- The Ifor Williams GP trailer range are considered the toughest plant trailers in the industry.
- They are highly customisable depending on your needs, with three tyre options and the option for tri-axle versions of each model.
- The largest trailer, the GP146, has a gross weight of 3500kg, meaning there’s very little it can’t carry.
- Each plant trailer in the Ifor Williams GP range are fitted with resin-coated plywood platforms.
Why East Coast Trailers and Why Ifor Williams?
Ifor Williams have been supplying the premium quality trailers for over 60 years. East Coast Trailers have been helping people find the perfect Ifor Williams plant trailers for years, and we’re passionate about providing Australian customers with options, reliability, and superior service. If you’re interested in our range of plant trailers, contact us today.